The dreams and aspirations of U.Shrinivas have paved the way for the setting up of a unique organization – “Shrinivas Institute of World Musique” (SIOWM). The formal inauguration of SIOWM will take place around mid 1999. The objectives of the organization are listed below.
- To teach classical and modern music to deserving candidates from all sections of the society
- To propagate classical, modern music and folklore on a global basis through live and recorded cassettes / compact disc.
- To search for, spot and identify talent in the young for music in all its variations and nurture the talent by providing assistance to them to enable them to grow up in an atmosphere and environment best suited for promoting the talent,
- To establish, promote, setup, run, maintain, assist, finance, support and / or aid to or help in the setting up and / or maintaining and / or running music schools and universities.
- To give, provide and / or render help and assistance in cash or in kind to poor musicians and old artistes.
- To foster and encourage education and training in music.
- To meet the cost of education of students going abroad for higher studies in music.
- To conduct music competitions and declare awards to the outstanding performances.
- To help deserving students to take up research studies in music.